Monday, December 11, 2006

Bears-Rams: Third Quarter Action

The Bears do their best imitation of the Rams offense, biting off chewable portions and jamming the ball into the end zone via Thomas Jones. 21-13 Bears.

Why Joe Fan Thinks He Can Run a Professional Football Offense, Reason #49823749:

Tony: "Joe, what did the Bears change at halftime? What did they adjust?"
Joe: "'We're giving the ball to Thomas.'"
Tony: "That's it? It's as simple as that?"
Joe Fan: "Yer goddamned right. I've been sayin' that for weeks. *scratch* *fart*"

Update #1: That was the hardest damned throw I've seen on a screen pass since early Favre. I hate myself for thinking it.

Update #2: Don't be shocked it's a Chicago crowd, Tony; none of the coverage remotely implies you know you're in St. Louis. Also, Muhsin Muhammad has my favorite crossover move of any Chicago athlete at the moment. 28-13 Bears.

Update #3: Bears fans, repeat after me: The Rams are the 26th best pass defense and the 29th best run defense, according to DVOA.

3 comments:

Chris said...

You sure make this liveblog hard to find, bastard. Would it kill you to add the website to your deadspin profile so I don't have to wade through soozy's 73 MN based websites to find it?

Unknown said...

It is in my Deadspin profile; Deadspin tends to remember profile changes like it remembers the war: fitfully and always with repercussions.

You wouldn't understand, though; you weren't *there*.

Sorry for the trouble, chris.

Chris said...

Well, don't I feel like an ass. I should have known. The folks at the Barbaro board warned me what a lousy and vicious website Deadspin is. I feel so betrayed.