Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Rich

To the uninitiated, my name is Rich. I'm the non-Deadspinner around here, to be honest. I'm the associate editor over at Sports Bastards. I'm a 26 year old criminal justice/journalism major formerly of the University of Tennessee, now at another college that isn't as bubba-lized.

While I used to have an anti-Deadspin slant to start out, my mind was changed when I emailed Critic about coming on board. Needless to say, I'm glad I did. This NFL Hits! crew is the most amusing group of folks around. Not to mention that Sooze promised me that she wouldn't bite me... hard.

So, the personal items. I, much like Tony Romo, am a third generation Mexican American. My father is a white former Army Staff Sergeant. My mother was a Latina former Red Cross nurse. I'm quite proud of being from two cultures. I also served four years in the Armed Forces ending my term as a Sergeant. Hence, why over at SB, some of the commenters call me the Sarge.

I was a military policeman, so that's why most of the athletes that break the law get the most ridicule from me. While I'm considered by Ron the SB "workhorse", I'll admit that about 96 percent of the ideas I have don't make it to the site. I end up mentally rejecting most of them due to extremely bad taste or amount of time needed.

Other than the NFL love. I'm a fan of soccer (which the Critic hates vehemently), hockey, and rodeo. I was born in Texas, so that might explain the rodeo part and the love for the Cowboys and the Titans (to an extent). I now reside in Nashville, and I wish I was back in San Antonio...

At times, I'll drag on. Sometimes, I get rude on some things. Hell, I'll even admit to wanting to try out for most teams because I think the NFL consists of pussies. The only football game I get emotional over is the Army-Navy game, for obvious reasons.

That's all I have, unless the rest of them actually twist my arm to give more.

When Rich isn't here making Chris Henry bail jokes. He also blogs over at Sports Bastards, when he's not too drunk to make deadline. He's also one of the two man committee that created the Pantheon of Badassery. No, despite what you think, he cannot cure cancer. He also does not have more diseases than Ron Mexico. And sorry to say, he isn't a single man because he's a loser. He's a single man because he's probably a bit of an asshole. That and most black women hate him because he hates Jemele Hill's wannabe journalist/groupie whore self.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you hate deadspin?

J.R. Brown said...

No, not anymore, man. After meeting these guys, I kinda like it a lot better.

Unknown said...

Oh, that's Rich.

Sooze said...

In AA, I've learned that assuming makes an ass out of u and me.

Just kidding. I don't go to AA.

J.R. Brown said...

Too bad that my name doesn't translate to my finances...

The Critic said...

People can like something, hate it, or be devoid of emotion (Art Shell) - but Rich is one of us. So any attcks on Rich will result in some serious ass kickings.