Monday, December 4, 2006

Hadesgigas

Roses are red, violets are blue, Chris Berman is fat, Christmas
- Gandhi

Look, I'll be honest, I haven't a damn clue what I'm doing. I started blogging when my television was stolen and I had nothing to do on weekdays but drink. I'm in college.

I'm 21 years a newborn's senior. I am a biology student. That's right, no writing background except AP English, and that was an H-Bomb of a class (that was a sentence fragment, too, F). With a biology degree, I look to be broke in about five years.

Sports have always provided a comforting avenue for yelling and arguing. Hell, I can't even have a conversation without sports entering the discussion. Just the other day:

Me: Hi, would you like a drink?
Girl: Sure thing, how about a Rob Roy?
Me: Holy crap, did you see that hit Roy Williams put on Plex!!?
Girl: Get away from me.

Okay, that didn't happen. By the time I got to the word "you," she hit me with the mace. Not the spray, I'm talking the medieval weapon. Where do you even get a license for those things?

This blog, www.sportsdump.blogspot.com, is okay. That's the highest praise I can give it. October '06 was the first sports post, everything before that is a grab bag. It's four parts humor, six parts stupid, and two parts Denzel. It's not mine.

Confused? You're welcome.

2 comments:

Sooze said...

A+ Hadesgigas!

WestSideSlant said...

Many blog posts make me chuckle on the inside. This one actually induced an audible guffaw/chuckle hybrid.

Nice.